Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Success - Over Eighty Attendees!

A big thank you to everyone that showed up at our initial meeting today.  I will soon post a new survey regarding the name of our group and a few other questions we had. The Steering Committee is beginning to plan so please  share your thoughts as soon as possible for program ideas.  The committee will be investigating several of the suggestions regarding a meeting place.  Please feel free to email us with questions and ideas. 

Several of you were interested in blogging.  If you have a blog, email me your blog name and address so that I may share it with the group.  If you need help getting started, I will be happy to help you or steer you to a more experienced blogger for help.  There are "blogging themes" that genealogist can use as prompts such as:  Tombstone Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Military Monday, etc.  I would be happy to share a list of resources and prompts to get you blogging away.  Happy ancestor hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for pulling this meeting together. I am looking forward to learning much from this group. I learned a lot today!

    ReplyDelete